OT: Microsoft is really annoying!

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Apr 16 08:24:33 EDT 2010

Bernard Devlin wrote:

> As an aside, I have for years wondered if it wasn't the anti-virus
> vendors themselves who pay certain shady characters to come up with
> these viruses. Food for thought.
> <<<
>
> This thought has occurred to me too.

Tempting as such a thought may be, consider that since most Win users
smart enough to know they need anti-virus software have probably already
done so, the more ripe opportunity would be to deploy viruses for OS X.
  But such viruses remain rare, even proportionate to market share.

The upside about Windows for makers of anti-virus tools is that they
don't need to risk criminal penalties to make money; Microsoft's
inherently brittle security architecture leaves plenty of opportunities
for such companies to make money legally. ;)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World