OT: MacPro is playing up - any tips?

Neal Campbell nealk3nc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 13:50:18 EDT 2010

I had almost the exact same thing a year ago and ultimately it would not
boot at all (no chime, nothing). From what I understand, if it doesn't
chime, it didn't pass the POST routine on the motherboard.

You are right on, it turned out that the graphics card had burned out. I
took it as an opportunity to upgrade to the 3870 radeon card which was
crazily expensive versus what you get in the PC world but you gotta pay for
no driver issues someway!

Best wishes
Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software