OT: Microsoft is really annoying!

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Wed Apr 14 12:09:04 EDT 2010

I had just written:

> Since this morning - after 2 automatic updates on my WindowsXP PC,
> which took place when I shut my computer down after the first session
> - I am constantly being pestered by the Microsoft Internet Explorer
> popping up when I connect to the net. When I close the Explorer with
> the dialog "Internet Explorer is your default web browser? Yes, No"
> (or similar) with the "no" button, it closes, but reappears after a while.
>
> This is a real nuisance!
>
> Anybody else has experienced this, too?

In the meantime during a half hour this happened 4 times.

Last time the website

http://www.planet49.com/cgi-bin/wingame.pl?partner_pk=607&wingame_pk=74&sub_id=

came up with the Internet Explorer, featuring iMac, iPhone, and iPad,
and telling me to choose my gift - and to solve a problem before and
submit my data.

and 5 minutes later while I am writing this:

http://www.freelotto.com/register.asp?skin=Rainbow&noepu=1&partner=1060965&affiliateid=

congratulating me to have won 2,087.56 $.

Happily my - apparently my somewhat obsolete and slow- virus-detecting
program stepped in at that point and I deleted the trojan. Hope this is
the end of the story.

Sorry to have bothered  you with this crap.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke