Implementing the Mac "Quick Look" type of window

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Mon Apr 12 05:02:18 EDT 2010

On Apr 12, 2010, at 10:51 AM, René Micout wrote:

> Thank you, but I know that in Apple documentation...
> What about "-d, -x, -s, -f, -c, -g" parameters ?

I'm not sure what you want, but if you use qlmanage -h you will get information on them (as shown below). I mainly used it to display images, but I was also able to use it to preview MS Word files and also iWorks files.

Also, I used the kill command as shown in this web page:  http://srhaber.com/blog/2007/11/04/quick-look-from-the-command-line/
------------
I also found this web page useful:   http://www.tuaw.com/tag/qlmanage/

--------------

jim-sims-Computer-2:~ sims$ qlmanage -h
Usage: qlmanage [OPTIONS] path...
	-h		Display this help
	-r		Force reloading Generators list
	-r cache	Reset thumbnail disk cache
	-m [name ...]	Display statistics about quicklookd. Stats names:
			* plugins	Show the generators list
			* server	Show quicklookd life information
			* memory	Show quicklookd memory consumption
			* burst		Show statistics about the last burst
			* threads	Show concurrent accesses stats
			* other		Show other information about quicklookd
	-d debugLevel	Integer between 1-4
	-p		Compute previews of the documents
	-t		Compute thumbnails of the documents
	-x		Use quicklookd (remote computation)
	-i		Compute thumbnail in icon mode
	-s size		Size for the thumbnail
	-f factor	Scale factor for the thumbnail
	-z		Display generation performance info (don't display thumbnails)
	-o dir		Output result in dir (don't display thumbnails or previews)
	-c contentType	Force the content type used for the documents
	-g generator	Force the generator to use