Question about RevMobile

Mark Swindell mdswindell at cruzio.com
Sun Apr 11 18:47:52 EDT 2010

While the iPad is no LaserDisk, it will have to do.  :)

For educational consumption media (multimedia), the iPad is what was promised 15-20 years before it could be implemented.  I think it could prove very, very valuable in education on myriad levels.  Unfortunately we are living in an era of broken budgets and cynicism on so many levels when it comes to education.

When developers, working with educators, can make a decent living on developing educational software, good software may come.  When the interface become obscured enough so teachers and students don't have to spend so much frustration capital problem-solving, when the per unit price point becomes low enough, and when the software and interfaces becomes clever enough, perhaps some universal good will come of it and it's counterparts.  I'm hopeful.  It will never replace the laptop, but with an added keyboard and pointing device it could certainly do dual service as one... after all, it is a monitor.

Mark