[OT] What's an iPad?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 15:40:56 EDT 2010

  On 11/04/2010 22:32, Judy Perry wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, Richmond Mathewson wrote:
>
>>>   If so bring some tea?  [Where tea is a beverage made
>>> by filling an empty gallon milk jug 3/4 of the way full of sugar and
>>> infusing it with a bit of tannins in water so that it doesn't
>>> appear  to be
>>> clear]"
>
> That be sounding pretty jank to me :-P
>
> Judy
> (who's spent waaayyy too much time among teenagers of late)

Judy, if your teenagers are only drinking tea (even if it is really just
sugar solution)
be very very happy . . .

I have a 17 year old son and a 14 year old son - they only run as far as
beer (as far
as "Daddy" knows, hmpf); but I have parents of kids I teach who are
worried sick
about their older brothers and sisters who are smoking, drinking and so
on just
about everything middle-aged types like Thee and Me can imagine + a
whole lot
more.

"1. Jank.

adj- broken; unnecessarily redundant, superfluous, or meaningless;
stupid or ridiculously moronic; bootleg or of questionable quality

Fuck! This CD player I bought off Ebay is jank. "

Err . . . that just sounds like 'junk' with a changed vowel. Tells you
everything about the 'Yoof' of today - they cannot even think up
a few new words!