What does the 4.0 iPhone SDK mean for revMobile?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 11:45:52 EDT 2010

  On 11/04/2010 18:28, Colin Holgate wrote:
> On Apr 11, 2010, at 4:30 AM, David Bovill wrote:
>
>>> Not good - http://bit.ly/bnTy0D
>
> What is comical is that although Steve is all out to prevent compatibility layers, in his quest for perfect apps, he's ok with using Javascript and HTML5, which I think are compatibility layers. I've done tests, and HTML5 is a lot slower than say a Flash app.

BUT; 'compatibility' is polysemantic: what is compatible with what Mr
Jobs envisages for the iPhone/iPad may
not encompass all the things that are otherwise compatible.

I have a pupil (she is 10 years old) who is the proud owner of an iPhone
(her Mum and Dad are bank
managers), yet here Mum and Dad have not paid their school bills to me
for the last 3 months
(approx 25% the price of an iPhone). So, I have my own set of meanings
for 'compatible' . . .  :)