[ANN] tRev Magic Menus: contextual, mouse-free menus

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 03:38:19 EDT 2010

  On 10/04/2010 23:52, Peter Alcibiades wrote:
> Here is the recipe.
>
> Open a stack with plenty of buttons and scripts.
>
> Now open any script in the editor.
>
> Use the property inspector to get the properties of a given field
>
> Select and copy the name of the field
>
> Paste it into the script.  I think I used middle click, but think I have
> also used control-v in the past.
>
> It should freeze, flickering rapidly.  Then when you close the window of the
> editor, the whole IDE crashes.
Awfully sorry to disappoint you: I opened an earlier recension of my
Devawriter stack
(buckets of buttons, buckets of scripts) and did as you suggested -
everything worked
properly:

RunRev 4.0

Ubuntu 10.04 Beta 2
> I just did it, 30 seconds ago on this machine, and as expected, it happened.
> I did it a couple times this afternoon on a different computer when I just
> forgot that it was going to happen - I was working on redoing the
> application so as to eliminate the need to use print card, and needed to
> take the name of the fields into the script, so as to put the contents of
> them into a variable and then put this variable into a text file.  Which,
> after manually reformatting it in rtf, I will then be able to open in a word
> processor and print in acceptable format.
>
> What a totally insane thing to be forced to be doing in the first place, but
> that is by the way.
>
> I have also had on earlier versions extreme slowdowns of the editor, where
> the cursor took a half second or so to move from one position in the line to
> another.  Or typed characters showed up only after about a half second
> delay.
>
> This is  a complete farce.
Yes it is; however the reason for this particular farce may lie outwith
the RunRev folks' lab in Edinburgh.
>   I'm an amateur, I don't charge, and I'd never
> let stuff at this crap level of quality out the door.  Do they do any
> testing at all?
Now that is almost up to my standard of aggression: it will only give you
heart palpitations; so stop.