Creating files on on-rev

Kevin Stallibrass kevin at stallibrass.com
Thu Apr 8 09:03:09 EDT 2010

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Sarah - This command is used from an irev file located on the server. Do I
still have to set permissions somewhere on the server?

Mike - Your suggestion does not work for me so I'm suspecting either a
config or permissions issue. The videos I'm referring to are the ones
accessed via the on-rev site
http://www.screencast.com/users/Runtime_Revolution/folders/On-Rev/media/a0e3
c89f-ef90-4805-aa6e-d320c4b419d7#

Bjvrnke - Thanks - I appreciate that you meant for me to change the
permissions just for tests. I did not change the global permissions, rather
I created a new directory with full permissions and ran tests from there.
Again, it did not work

Regards

Kevin

Kevin Wrote:

> On Kevin's on-rev how to videos, he uses

> put something after URL "file:log.txt"

> which is apparently meant to create a text file on the server. I've tried
it

> but no such file appears anywhere.

Sarah Wrote:

It depends where the script is.

If this command is used from an irev file on the server, then it will

work fine as is.

If it is on your computer, then you need to use ftp commands and

supply a user name & password, e.g.

put something into URL ("ftp:" & username & ":" & password &

"@myname.on-rev.com/folder/log.txt")

While this is a permissions problem, I would not recommend Bjvrnke's

solution of just opening access to your folder.

Mike Wrote:

With the file a.irev on the server we can make a file appear by typing

http://taishan.on-rev.com/a.irev in your browser.

-----------------------

-- a.irev on server

-----------------------

<?rev

put "duke holds on" into url "file:a.txt"

put "job finished"

?>

-- address in browser

http://taishan.on-rev.com/a.irev

Might that be what you are interested in doing?

BTW, where are those how-to's by Kevin?

Mike

Kevin Stallibrass