Virgin's embarrassing weekend - website auditing software and trojans?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 01:52:20 EDT 2010

  On 08/04/2010 03:07, Douglas wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Last Friday (2nd April) I discovered their website (virginmedia.com)
> was littered in scripts that would start a malware trojan download on
> to users computers.

In 1985 I bought a 'Klaus Nomi' record from the Virgin Record Shop in
Durham; on getting back to my College I discovered it
had a groove (obviously scored by a knife) right across it. It took me 3
days of going back and forth to the shop, between lectures,
to get to see the manager; and another week before they would agree to
replace it.

In 2003 I booked tickets for my children and myself on Virgin trains to
travel from Leuchars to Abergavenny; on getting on the
train I found every single seat had been double-booked.

I rest my case: don't touch that lot and that smarmy balloonist with a
bargepole: change your ISP (if you can find one
that is any better in rip-off Britain).