formatting data in a field

David Coker davidocoker at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 22:30:57 EDT 2010

> I'm not quite sure what the problem is here David, but the line:
>    tCount = 3.166
> will not work, so I assume that was just you telling us what was in tCount.

Yes, you are correct... I was just trying to indicate what might be
contained in the variable at any given time.
> Once you have done that, then the line you quoted:
>    put format("%.2f", tCount) into fld "Whatever"
> should work just fine.

I just made an entirely separate stack so to recreate the same general
situation as it is in my app and you are correct above as well. It
works exactly as you describe and just the way I *thought* it was
supposed to before I sent the "help me" message.

At this point. all I can think of is maybe I have some other problem
lurking in my code somewhere that I am not "seeing" although I've been
through it a dozen times at least.

Oh well, I guess it's good to know that I was working in the right
direction at least and I really appreciate the help in clarifying the
proper usage.

Best regards to all,
David C.