Data grids in standalones

Joe F. joef1 at mac.com
Fri Apr 2 10:28:45 EDT 2010

Originally there was a stack which includes a data grid (with it's
templates substack) as well as another substack.
That would be compiled as a Windows app and worked fine.

I wanted to try making the the whole thing into substacks of a new
main stack. Going through about 50 scenarios of letting the standalone
builder create the external folder, putting all the stacks on the same
level, etc. I got some weird results.

In one case the original stack seemed to create a duplicate of its
data grid templates xxxxxx. Then I had a scene where the data grid
templates stack would remain open after the stack with the data grid
was closed and purged.

The tutorial shows how to make the library be included when you're
starting from a new main stack/substack combo; but an existing stack
with data grid has to be taken apart to go into a new main stack (my
case), so this probably caused all the confusion.

Joe F.