Images, icons and Objects and Data Grid Tables?

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Thu Apr 1 18:50:24 EDT 2010

Hi All...

I have a folder full of images that are named with a specific number
id.  I'm attempting to insert each image based on its name (number id)
that is pulled from the pData into the Data Grid Table. These images
are not part of the stack, and will be stored in a directory outside
of the stack.

I can poll the data grid for the correct image id by changing the
column object from an image object to a button object and using the
column behavior script:

set the label of button 1 of me to (pData)   ... so I know i have the
correct name being reported by the pData data.The result is a the name
of the image.

I  don't appear to be able to set the button icon based on the image
path of the image in the folder and there is no way from a script to
set the imageSource for an image object via a path (like you can when
you open the image properties and select the button folder).

If pdata is returning the name of my image correctly, how can I use
that to display the image in my DataGrid table? As an image object? As
the icon of a button?

Thank you!

John Patten