Q: Can I use only a part of an Image File and do stuff with it ?

Jim Lambert jiml at netrin.com
Wed Sep 30 14:29:46 EDT 2009

> Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 18:13:05 +0300
> From: Richmond Mathewson <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Q: Can I use only a part of an Image File and do stuff
> 	with it ?
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> Rolf Kocherhans wrote:
>> For instance I have an imported Image file (png) 10 pixels high and
>> 100 pixels long.
>>
>> From pixel 1 to 10 ist Picture_one, from pixel 11 to 20 is Picture
>> _two etc.
>>
>> Can I the display those 2 respectively 10 pictures individually ?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Rolf
>>
> If you look up 'pixel' in the Documentation you will find that this
> cannot be done.
>
> However, you could chop up your image by importing snapshots of
> parts of it:
>
> on mouseUp
>   import snapshot from rectangle 0,0,300,454 of img "iXYZ"
>   move the last img to 512, 600
>   delete img "iXYZ"
> end mouseUp

You can also
	Select the Image
	Group it
	Crop the group so that it shows only one of your sub images.
		In your example, that means you crop the group so that only pixels 1
thru 10 show.
	LOCK the group's size and position
	Change the location of the image
		In your example, that would mean subtracting 10 from the image's LEFT.
		Each time you do that this would have the effect of stepping through
the 'frames' of your 'movie'.
		Do it rapidly and you can make a kind of animation from a single
image.

Jim Lambert