problems with disinstalling REV

barryb at libero.it barryb at libero.it
Wed Sep 30 13:39:30 EDT 2009

I know this is  really a problem for the QAC and I tried it but was asked for a
password that I do not know anything about. So I thought somebody could help me
here.

I have several versions of REV installed on WindowsXP, infact all from
2.7.2 to 4.0dp4. I stupidly opened a stack made with 4.0 in the previous two
versions (3.0 and 3.5), now both of these have the Dictionary corrupted. The
two sliding panes are blank and the side menu is totally inactive. I imagine
that this could be corrected with a complete disinstal and reinstallation,
however, problems arose in attempting to do this.
In the Windows Control
Panel\application installation\Revolution Studio\ - on clicking change/remove
programs, the red Revolution Installer comes up which says it will remove
specific versions of Revolution in the folder C:/Programmi/Revolution Studio --
"Please click Next to continue..."
Wait for it....there is NO 'Next' button
only a 'Quit'! This, of course, I will notify to QAC but has anybody an idea of
how I can proceed in the meantime? Version 4.0 is still going fine including
the Dictionary.
Regards Barry