Faking Buttons with Graphics

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 10:06:18 EDT 2009

"I'd like you to know, I faked all my buttons."
                                         Leslie Nielsen, 'Naked Gun'
misquoted.

Faking a Button with a Graphic allows you to have a 'Button'
in RunRev Beta 4 dp-4 with all the fillGradient possibilities
available to Graphic Objects but not to Buttons.

Download this:

http://mathewson.110mb.com/FILEZ/XPROPS.rev.zip

and pop it in your Plug-Ins folder.

It is a one-trick-pony that allows you to set the Label and
the ShowName of a selected Graphic Object (if you click
APPLY with nothing selected it will "throw a wobbly"):
i.e allow you to make 'Buttons' with text from Graphic
Objects without having to keep resorting to scripting.

The version now available is the "post-going-to-the-car-
mechanic-to-pay-for-the-repairs-on-my-15-year-old-Citreon-ZX"
rather than the "pre -blah-blah-blah" version posted earlier
today. . . .   :)