Emailing a Rev file

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 14:49:00 EDT 2009

Gabel Paul wrote:
> Hello everybody:
>
> I made a .zip file from a standalone built for Mac OS X and emailed it
> to someone. It went through just fine. Then I did the same thing for a
> Windows build, but when I tried to email the file (7.9 MB) it bounced
> back with the following message:

<snip>

Just had a look at Gmail's guidelines, and:

"Some file types are blocked
As a security measure to prevent potential viruses, Gmail doesn't allow
you to send or receive executable files
(such as files ending in .exe) that could contain damaging executable code.
Gmail won't accept these types of files even if they are sent in a
zipped (.zip, .tar, .tgz, .taz, .z, .gz) format. If this type of message
is sent to your Gmail address, it is bounced back to the sender
automatically.

You can send and receive messages up to 25 megabytes (MB) total
(including attachments). Any message that exceeds this limit will not be
delivered to your inbox and will be returned to the sender."

So you will have to send an Windows build via FTP!

Hey, let's face it, Windows is a leaky vessel, so, inevitably, will be
all who sail in her. And, from my point of view, the sooner the
world wakes up to this and starts putting pressure on MicroSquodge,
the better . . . .   :)

If you want to check this for yourself, log into Gmail via a web-browser,
rather than a dedicated e-mail client, and in the top-right-hand hand corner
you will see the following:

Settings    Help    Sign Out

Hit "Help" ; 'it' is down there, under  "Your Messages"

sincerely, Richmond.