[OT] JavaScript editor?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Sep 27 12:25:05 EDT 2009

A long time ago Andre Garzia wrote:

 > On 12/7/07, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >> What's your favorite JavaScript editor?
 > It pays to learn emacs or vi, since you'll probably be using ssh to
 > the server and thats is probably what you'll have in there.

Since it started as a fork of MC's open source editor, my custom text
editor originally had support for emacs key bindings.  But recently I
was cleaning up the code and opted to remove that support, since I've
not come across anyone (except Scott Raney <g>) who's used emacs in the
last decade.

How often do you use emacs?

Do others here use it?

How essential would you consider the option of supporting emacs key
bindings in a 21st century text editor?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World