Whither Photoshop and GIMP?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Sep 27 01:28:07 EDT 2009

Judy Perry wrote:

 > On Thu, 24 Sep 2009, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >
 >> 1. bevels - every other of the core set of image enhancement
 >>   goodies is there but this one, and this is the one most
 >>   needed for making custom buttons.
 >
 > Didn't Chipp have a beveled button thingy, or am I imagining things?

Yep: Button Gadget.  Nice tool, but I believe he does that by just
layering up a series of graphic objects, similar to how Fireworks would
do it.  Good if the end result you want is a raster image, but a lot of
overhead to deal with if you want to attempt to do it on the fly.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World