revVideograbber CPU use

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Fri Sep 25 10:56:13 EDT 2009

When revVideograbber is previewing or recording the
 CPU use on my Mac Book Pro (2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2
Duo)  spikes up to about 105 %.   (This gets the fan
running quite high) I have checked other apps that
record video.  Quicktime player goes up to over 150%
when previewing or recording.  Another  application
BTV Pro, (www.bensoftware.com) which when
recording the CPU use is around 100 - 147%  but when
previewing is only about 25%.

Is there a way to reduce the CPU use at least during
previewing?
While previewing or recording with revVideograbber
I have a repeat loop to call the revVideoGrabIdle with
a 'wait 1 millisecond with messages' command to
give proccessing time for other processes.   Is this a
factor in the CPU use.   Is there a best practice in
terms of how often to call the RevVideoGrabIdle
command?

Thanks for any comments.

Martin Koob