Running a stack from the On-Rev server.

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Wed Sep 23 20:29:15 EDT 2009

Hi Alex,

> Jim Bufalini wrote:
> > Do you know a way, simple or not, ;-) to populate "mirrors" (other
> > commercial shared server services you may have) with your download,
> directly
> > from on-Rev, using an irev script? Obviously, from a client, you can
> write a
> > Rev script to FTP up to multiple servers. But I'm wondering if you
> have a
> > way to populate other servers with your to be downloaded files,
> directly
> > from on-Rev, once the file(s) have been uploaded there.
> >
> There are a few ways, depending on what you wish to do.
>
> You can do something like
>     put URL ("file:new.mp3") into
> ("ftp://user:password@ftp.site.com/mp3s/this.mp3")

Hmmm. Are you saying issue this command from within an irev script? I don't
think it works from there. Or, to be more precise, I just tried it, and it
didn't work for me. Of course I changed the appropriate parts first.

> and simply have the script that handles uploading do the distribution
> immediately. Or have the script check for "new" files in the relevant
> directories (maybe write a log file so it knows when it last ran), and
> re-distribute all files with later modified date.
>
> I think there would be a way to run the rev script from the command
> line
> (and hence as a cron job) if you wanted to do that - but I haven't
> tried
> that yet (might need to wait for the cgi version of Rev to be on on-
> Rev).

As to Rev CGI from on-Rev, you can do this now by just installing Rev CGI to
your on-Rev account, just like you would do it to any other server.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini