Synchronized videos with superimposition

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Sep 23 17:06:23 EDT 2009

Recently, Thierry wrote:

> I'm in the process of making some animated slides
> with RevStudio for a talk
> I'm doing soon in Paris.
>
> 1) I have to my disposal 3 videos ( .mov ).
> 2) I'm really dummy with video stuff
> 3) I'm on a MacBook/Tiger.
>
>   I would like to  have one in the background,
> let say , half screen , and the others two, much smaller in size
> ( 15% each of the first ), superimposed on the first.
>
> I managed to play them all together ,
> but can't do the superposition ( flashing at the intersection ).
>
> Then, with iMOvie HD tried to build one Video out of the 3,
> but there is only one video track :-(
>
> Any enlightment are very much welcome.

I don't know if the EnhancedQT external written by Trevor Devore allows for
anything like this, but here are 2 things to try:

1) Try setting the alwaysBuffer property of each movie to true -- this
allows you to layer movies just like any other object on the card.  The
possible drawback is performance may suffer, the movies may not play well.

2) If the above option doesn't work well, try playing the superimposed
"overlay" movies in small, separate stacks positioned above the main stack
that contains your main background movie.  If you set the decorations
property of the overlay stacks to "none", you will remove the titlebars from
the windows and the windows will appear to be part of your main background
stack.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Scott Rossi