Running a stack from the On-Rev server.

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Wed Sep 23 09:29:37 EDT 2009

Hi Mark,

> Btw, if you have more than 1 server, you can write a simple irev
> script to randomly write out HTML files with links to different
> mirrors. That might spread your bandwidth.

By this, I assume you mean when a user requests to download, the suggested
site to download from varies either randomly or by proximity of server IP
address to the user's IP address.

Do you know a way, simple or not, ;-) to populate "mirrors" (other
commercial shared server services you may have) with your download, directly
from on-Rev, using an irev script? Obviously, from a client, you can write a
Rev script to FTP up to multiple servers. But I'm wondering if you have a
way to populate other servers with your to be downloaded files, directly
from on-Rev, once the file(s) have been uploaded there.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini