F keys cross-platform?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 16:09:08 EDT 2009

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Richmond Mathewson wrote:
>
>> Thank you, but I am by nature a lazy slob and that looks like just
>> too much hard work; trapping F keys with rawKeyDown is dead
>> easy.
>
> Even easier is trapping the functionKey message. ;)

BUT; as well as being a lazy slob, I am also bloody-minded:

my Mac keyboard has F keys from 1 to 16 but the RunRev
documentation states this:

"Keyboards typically have twelve function keys, so you can use
numbers from 1 to 12 to implement custom actions."

While this is generally true (the keyboard on my P4 Ubuntu has
12 keys), the Keyneeds keyboards I use in my school has NO
F keys:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?ie=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=electronics-uk&field-keywords=KEYNEEDS

However (Totally OT), I was impressed that Amazon managed to get
me a Keyneeds keyboard from England to Bulgaria in 72 hours!!!