AW: does a script stops at get shell?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Sep 22 07:14:48 EDT 2009

Hi Mark,
I am updating files in the program dir. And I am using vbs, because I can
upgrade the user rights to admin with "runas" (on Vista and Win 7), what I
don't know how to do with rev without being virtualized. Is it possible?

I think it also has something to do with the interaction between VBS and the
UAC. Because the copyfile of the VBS stops for asking for permission from
the UAC. Perhaps at this time the control is already back to the vbs and my
handler is running on, while the UAC processes the rest of the operation,
after having get a ok from the user. Completely fishing in the dark :(

Actually I am not a vbs programmer at all (just recycled some other
statements), so I don't know, how to check for correct copying in vbs. My
last (odd) workaround would be to include a "wait 3 sec" after the get shell
:)

Thanks
Tiemo