does a script stops at get shell?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Sep 22 06:17:08 EDT 2009

Hello,

Win, Rev: 3.5 I have a handler where I call a vbs file in the shell which
copies some files. At the end of the handler I delete the source file (which
has been copied by the vbs). Now I experience that under certain
circumstances (slow processor?) it seems that the source files are deleted
before the vbs has copied them.

My understanding up to now was, that the script waits at every statement
(including calling the shell or sub handlers or functions) until its
execution, before its running on. But now I am getting doubtful, because it
seems that my handler doesn't wait for the execution of the vbs and runs on
to the delete file.

Can anybody shed some light on this to correct me? Any light very welcome!

Tiemo