F keys cross-platform?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 06:12:53 EDT 2009

Scott Rossi wrote:
> You can't use the built-in messages/functions?
>  optionKeyDown
>  controlKeyDown
>  shiftKey()
>
> Not sure what you need exactly, but you also might want to look into the
> keysDown() function

snip
> on mouseDown
>    set hilite of me to not the hilite of me
>    if "runKeyTrap" is not in pendingMessages() then runKeyTrap
> end mouseDown
>
> on runKeyTrap
>    if not the hilite of me then exit runKeyTrap
>    put keysDown()
>    send "runKeyTrap" to me in 50 millisecs
> end runKeyTrap
>

> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi

Thank you, but I am by nature a lazy slob and that looks like just
too much hard work; trapping F keys with rawKeyDown is dead
easy.

Frankly, my Sanskrit Typewriter project is giving me large
headaches and sleepless nights without getting into other
fancy stuff; so trying to avoid thinking about more than I have
to already.