A Quick Flash

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 06:09:19 EDT 2009

"Everybody likes a flasher."

I wanted a flash effect to signal to end-users
that something was happening that was quite
subtle, so I popped this into the script of the
button that made the subtle changes:

on mouseUp
   lock screen
   set the coloroverlay["color"] of img "BACK.png"  to white
   set the coloroverlay["opacity"] of img "BACK.png"  to "200"
   unlock screen
   wait 15 ticks
   set the outerGlow of img "BACK.png" to empty
   set the colorOverlay of img "BACK.png" to empty

   do OTHER RUBBISH
end mouseUp

where 'BACK.png' is my background image that is a
fairly dark, textured PNG.

[only works in RunRev 4 and "upwards"]

a pain in the bum is that, so far, the COLOROVERLAY stuff
is not properly documented: so pop my script into a button
and muck about with the parameters.

very effective!