[teaser] Mac OS X external

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 19:36:15 EDT 2009

> It is the right track. There are still others improvement to bring so that
> Rev applications look and feel more like Mac OS X applications. For example,
> tool bars, gradient buttons, button and field with the default Mac OS X
> font, size and position, etc. In a word, this would be great if Rev
> applications respected the Apple Human Interface Guidelines.

This is the price we pay for using a cross-platform tool.
However you can set the font and with the new graphic effects, you can
make gradient buttons.
Tool bars are easy enough to make yourself, although allowing the
standard customization would be a neat trick which I have never
bothered with. (I never have enough options to need it.)

Then you start running into the same issues that Rev has i.e. if you
make your app look too much like a standard Mac app, then it won't
look like a Windows app for Windows users, without a lot of effort on
your part. I think this is what profiles are good for, but I never
really got into using profiles.

Cheers,
Sarah