Snapshot problems

dunbarx dunbarx at aol.com
Sat Sep 19 15:52:43 EDT 2009

Can you lock the screen, place the stack back inside, take the snapshot, and then put the stack outside again?

Craig Newman

From:   "Graham Samuel" <livfoss at mac.com>
Subject:    Snapshot problems
Date:   September 19, 2009 2:57:09 PM EDT
To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
I suppose it's just finger trouble, but I'm having great difficulty
using import snapshot and export snapshot - the RunRev docs seem not
to be completely specific on this. For example, while apparently I can
take a snapshot of something that isn't open and isn't visible (the
docs say so!), I don't seem to be able to take a snapshot of an object
whose loc is outside the visible area. For example I have an image
which I've placed out of site at 2000,2000 based on a quite small
stack, say 800 by 600 pixels. I'm used to this technique for hiding
stuff from the user, and also for working with objects larger than the
visible area - in this case, I am doing both of these. Now I want to
tinker with the image. The statement

import snapshot from rect 1375,2592,1749,2625 of this stack

compiles OK but results in an execution error. Experiments seem to
show that a statement of the same form restricted to the bounds of the
stack's window work OK.

What I'm actually trying to do is to create a composite image at
screen resolution, by overlaying images on top of one another and then
taking a snapshot of the resultant screen area, but all without the
user seeing anything. My experiments appear to show that I can do it
while the various objects are visible (in the visible area) but not
otherwise. Can anyone explain how this could be done?

TIA

Graham