Difference between tRev and GLX2?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 19:55:57 EDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Todd Higgins <higginsta at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am seeing a lot of traffic on the list in regards to tRev.  Does that mean
> the GLX (like Galaxy before it) is now a defunct product?  What if any
> difference is there between the 2 products?  Is there any kind of reasonable
> upgrade path for a former GLX license holder?

tRev is Jerry Daniel's new script editor, so while GLX2 is still
available, I imagine that it is no longer being actively maintained or
upgraded. It also doesn't play very nicely with the more recent
versions of Rev.

The main difference is that tRev is a standalone app and does not run
as part of the Rev IDE. It operates outside the IDE communicating via
sockets.
It is extremely stable, very fast, clean & easy to use. I thoroughly
recommend it. (I am not connected with Jerry in any way, I just use
his products.)

You can find out more about it at <http://reveditor.com/> and I
suggest watching the videos, especially some of the earlier ones, to
see how it works and to learn how to access all it's features. THE FAQ
section also has a very good summary
<http://reveditor.com/frequently-asked-questions-27>.

There is a link at the revEditor site to buy it from the revSelect
store, but I'm not sure if there is an upgrade deal for GLX users. I
suggest you email Jerry <jerry at reveditor.com> to check this.

Cheers,
Sarah