Is this sort of thing a bug?

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Thu Sep 17 09:31:31 EDT 2009

I'm not sure how to file this - it is a fairly basic gotcha with object
references - I'd say it was a bug?

Put the following in the message box:

put the name of stack "revLibrary" into stackObject
> put the long name of stack "revSaving" of stackObject into buggyResult --
> bug as it return the main stack
> put the long name of stack "revSaving" of stack "revLibrary" into
> correctResult -- returns correctly
> put correctResult
> answer warning "Bug" && buggyResult

It's a case where storing the reference to an object in a variable - in this
case

put the name of stack "revLibrary" into stackObject

does not work constantly. Things like this make it hard to pass around
object references from handler to handler in a consistent way. Would you say
that was a bug?