Datagrid speed problem

Beat Cornaz B.Cornaz at gmx.net
Thu Sep 17 04:52:17 EDT 2009

Trevor wrote :

 >To work with data grids and a splash stack you need to trigger the
 >inclusion of the data grid when you build a standalone. I would remove
 >the revDataGridLibrary as a substack of your main stack and take a
 >look at the last two steps in this lesson:

 >What Do I Need to Do To Deploy a Standalone With A Data Grid?

I read the lesson but needed to do it a bit different as I already
had a Splash (= Mainstack) with 30 substacks. When I added a datagrid
to one of the substacks, a   stack called "Data Gris templates
1243450502445" got added as a substack of my Splash(mainstack). I
made 3 different Datagrids on 3 different substacks.

Now this stack "Data Gris templates 1243450502445" contains 3 cards
corresponding to the 3 datagrids which are in 3 separate substacks
(so on the same hierarchical level as the stack "Data Gris templates
1243450502445").  I think this would be the normal situation. One
mainstack with several substacks, one of them being the  "Data Gris
templates 1243450502445". But this setup makes standalones where the
datagrids do nothing.

Now I had to separately add the revdatagridLib as a substack of my
Splash (mainstack), otherwise the datagrids do not work in the
standalones. If I remove the revdatagridLib (as a substack), the
datagrids stop working in the IDE. After quitting Rev and  opening
the stack again in Rev the Datagrids work again in the IDE. But
making a standalone yields a version where the datagrids again do not
work. If I include the revdatagridLib as a substack of my Splash
(mainstack), then in the standalones, the datagrids do work, but slow.

I started to use the GLX framework and I will move this project into
the GLX framework and see if the speed problem is solved.

Thanks again for your answer,

Best,

Beat Cornaz