Want to Try Franklin 3D - 3D Engine for Revolution?

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Wed Sep 16 20:21:28 EDT 2009

Hello all,

Anyone interested in a solid 3D game engine for Revolution? :-) This is
getting good enough to show, so we thought we'd show it.

Thanks to everyone who downloaded the initial beta. Id like to let everyone
know that they can download the beta stack/component, and we've set up an
install of Mantis to accept bug/issue reports. This is the same material,
and its Windows only at the moment. But don't fret, we have a Mac OS X
version in the works. Of course on the Mac, you have OpenGL (on Windows,
OpenGL or DirectX).

If you already did some testing, we'd appreciate it if you would fill in the
mantis reports - the download is version 1.0b2. It is very important that
you update your video drivers and also submit your video card info, OS,
processor info and the like, esp when it comes to performance.

This is a stack with about 12 demos in it. Most are working just fine on
Windows XP with a reasonably modern Direct X 9 compatible video card, as
well as OpenGL. The Irrlicht file format loader seems to be still giving us
some trouble but its being worked on. These are all based on the Irrlicht
demos. The demos do a bit more than their names imply. The Hello World
example shows things like loading an animated mesh, for example. The Mesh
loader example gives you some idea how call backs work.

Download: http://www.franklin3d.com/download/franklin3d_win.zip

Report Issues: http://www.franklin3d.com/bt

What is Franklin 3D?
-----------------------
Franklin 3D ports the stable, muscular Irrlicht engine so that its
accessible within Runtime Revolution. You will be able to make OpenGL or
DirectX powered games.

Where to Learn More
-----------------------
The website is just coming together, here: http://franklin3d.com/. It will
be more polished over the next few days.

Where Can I Buy it?
-----------------------
You can pre-order it from the franklin3d.com online store. Anyone who
pre-orders gets a license right away, plus 12 months of updates (or more,
"founders" we may fudge on and give more update time). All our initial sales
go towards paying developers to polish up and complete the Mac OS X version.
All pre-orders folks get access to the private beta list too.

I can answer some questions on the list - feel free.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Mirye Software Publishing
http://www.mirye.com