Datagrid speed problem

Beat Cornaz B.Cornaz at gmx.net
Wed Sep 16 15:04:43 EDT 2009

Trevor wrote ;

 >I would need to see some code to get an idea of what might be the
 >cause. Can you provide the relevant portions and look for any
 >differences there might be between what is going on with the main
 >program data grid and the speed test data grid?

I will check into this again tomorrow and see if I can get some more
info for you on it. I will try to loosen the substack with the slow
dataGrid from the mainstack and see if the problem persists and send
you that substack along with the new fast teststack.

 >I don't think that bringing a 2.9 project into 3.5 would cause these
 >sorts of problems. You should only have one instance of the
 >revDataGridLibrary in memory at any one time. Can you explain a little
 >more about how your project is set up and what stack you are building
 >the engine (standalone?) with?

I needed the extra revDataGridLibrary, because otherwise the
datagrids in my stacks do not work. They are there, but nothing
happens. As soon as I include the extra revDataGridLibrary as a
substack, I get the functionality of the dataGrids.
When I loaded the extra revDataGridLibrary into memory, I was asked
to purge it and I clicked 'OK'. Then I made this revDataGridLibrary a
substack of my mainstack.

My project is set up as follows :

mainstack (splash) with the engine
30 substacks, with 3 of them containing a dataGrid.

The speedtest I did was as follows :
I compared a substack with a dataGrid on it  with a newly made
mainstack with a similar dataGrid (same number of columns, labelnames
etc).
I used the same handler to import a list of tab & cr delimited data ,
like :

Client1 tab Task1 tab Task2 tab Task3 cr
Client2 tab Task1 tab Task2 tab Task3 tab Task4 cr
Client3 tab Task1 tab Task2 tab Task3

The speed difference was quite big.

Trevor, once again, thanks a lot for your patience and good advice.

Klaus major wrote :

 >There are problems when you open a stack (with behaviors) with a
 >version < 3.5 and save this stack.
 >After opening this stack again with version >= 3.5, all behaviors are
 >gone!
 >Just a hint, has probably nothing to do with your current problems!

I kinda can imagine that this happens. Probably an earlier version
does not recognize behaviors and sort of strips them off. So opening
again in 3.5 will not find them anymore. I think also other
unsuspected things might happen by saving in an earlier version. I
always make a copy when moving up to a new version.

Best,

Beat Cornaz