AW: Where to place (sub)stacks?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Sep 16 05:07:39 EDT 2009

Hi Beat,

As I have learned recently you actually don't need an "installer" for Mac if
you don't do any sophisticated things. Just look for a tool (there are
different freeware tools), which packs all stuff into a dmg file and provide
a link in your dmg file to the program folder where the user can move your
app folder to.

On Vista and Win 7 you are right not to put any files, which have to be
changed by the user into the program files dir, because they will be
virtualized by Vista on the first change, which brings you a lot of trouble
in the future. That’s why the users documents folder or application data
folder (for all users) is the better choice.

In inno you can define more than one input folder and you can define
different target folders for each file. If you write me offlist I can
provide you an inno example file for that case.

Tiemo