Re; Custom "Widget" Technique Question

Richard K. Herz herz at ucsd.edu
Tue Sep 15 19:12:38 EDT 2009

Len Morgan wrote:

>  I'm working on a new project and I'd like some advice on how to create
>  controls to use on a graphical process display.  This will
>  display a water pipeline system with all it's tanks, pipe, valves, ...

Len, In addition to the comments by Richard Gaskin and Roger Guay, there
is a stack by Glenn Fisher - "Flow Analysis" - posted on RevOnline that
you should check out, if you haven't already. You might also be
interested in my stack "Dynamic Simulation v.2" and stacks by Roger
Guay, also at RevOnline.

I am also interested in simulation of pipelines and other flow systems,
and have a simulator under development. Download the app at
www.SimzLab.com - open SimzLab and go to course PureWaterLab, Division
D3, Lab L2, then click the Simulations button. See the unit palette on
the right side - these are groups which can be added to the flowsheet,
where the script copies the group in the palette to the flowsheet. This
was developed before Rev 3.5 behaviors, so the scripts are in library
stacks.

Please keep us informed of your developments in this area.

Rich Herz
herz at ucsd.edu