View and print a PDF file from Rev

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Mon Sep 14 21:07:46 EDT 2009

Hi Josep

> I trying to show a PDF file in Rev and print it.
> Using revBrowser when I try to print crash all Rev.. also use embeded
> Acrobat viewer inside revBrowser. How use by default viewer?
>
> Using the player, I don't know how move page by page and print the PDF.
> It's
> posible?
>
> Any tip or idea how to handle this? Preview a PDF and print it if the
> user
> want.

revBrowser uses the browser control installed on your machine. On PC it uses
IE and on Mac it uses Safari. Whatever plugins you have installed for these
browsers will then work within revBrowser. So, if you have the Adobe reader
plugin installed for these browsers, then you can display PDF docs inside of
a rev window. Also, be aware that whatever settings you have for these
browsers will be the same when the control is used from revBrowser.

First, make sure you can just browse to the PDF doc just using IE on PC or
Safari on Mac. Make sure Adobe reader is set to display in the browser and
not outside the browser (this is in the settings of the Adobe plugin). Once
you know this is working, then you use revBrowser to bring up the browser
control inside of a rev window and when you browse to a web page or PDF doc,
it should display within the rev window just like it did when you used the
browser. As to printing a PDF, it is actually the adobe plugin that is doing
the printing, just like it does when it is running in the browser.

I don't have experience with Mac but on PC I can tell you it all works with
IE 6, 7 and 8. Usually any problems you may experience are due to the
version of the Adobe plugin. Maybe someone else can chime in with their
experience with Safari.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini