The $%$#%#$%# Rev Geometry

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 23:47:11 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Kay C Lan <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Sarah Reichelt <sarah.reichelt at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> I've just uploaded it to my web site, so you can find it at
>> <http://www.troz.net/rev/>
>>
>> Sorry for taking this OT. Sarah, very nice uncluttered website but I notice
> that at the bottom it states:
>
> This page was last modified on: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 06:35:00 +0000 (Local time:
> Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:35:00 +1000)
>
> Yet you've clearly just added new content and there are two other entries
> after 13 Aug.  I'm apprehensive when I enter the 'cob-web' - page last
> modified 1999, as I'm probably wasting my time with outdated material. My
> pet peeve is pages with no date at all! Much perfer to stay in the
> 'living-web' and am always happy with pages with this year's date on it, get
> excited with this month, and am about as close as I'll ever get to winning
> the lottery if it has today's date :-))

Yes, there is a flaw in my setup there. This site is all done using
irev and the modification date comes from the date of the main file
itself. The list of  stacks is gathered from other files on the fly,
so the latest date of that is not shown. What I need to do is "touch"
the main file whenever a new stack is uploaded, so that the mod date
matches the latest stack update.

Thanks for pointing that out Kay. Now all I have to do is work out a
way for that to happen automatically.
And I need to apply similar logic to my On-Rev page.

Cheers,
Sarah