The $%$#%#$%# Rev Geometry

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 20:28:17 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 8:21 AM, stephen barncard
<stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com> wrote:
> Ok I've been a Rev user since 2001, and many times I've tried to use the
> geometry manager and it will work for a while, then BLAM, add or change
> something (like add a new card) , then everything to the right gets wider -
> a major mess. This happens sooner or later on EVERY stack I try to use
> geometry.
>
> Once in a while someone will mention rev geometry on this list,  and the
> pundits will invariably say... "Geometry -- no big deal, just do it yourself
> - it's easy. Don't use Rev geometry. "
>
> But the Rev interface has such an intuitive interface to RevGeometry, I
> really want to use it. If it's broken, how is it used? If it's in there, why
> can't I just use it?
>
> Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? Really, it was working
> quite well for many days... now I can't change anything on the stack without
> this thing falling apart. I didn't change the size of anything, just tried
> to add a new card.
>
> If I have to go "commando" with geometry, does anyone have a guide?

I have a plugin that I use but it is very limited compared to the Rev
Geometry manager. However it works well and is easy to tweak since it
creates editable scripts for you.
I've just uploaded it to my web site, so you can find it at
<http://www.troz.net/rev/>

Cheers,
Sarah