OT: On-Rev html -> irev conversion.

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Sep 12 19:15:14 EDT 2009

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> I don't know if there are restrictions with using mod_rewrite
> directives in .htaccess files on the on-rev.com server, but you can
> use them on just about any Apache server to do what you need.
>
> The adventure begins here:
> <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_rewrite.html>
>
> And the web is full of examples for just about anything you want to do
> with mod_rewrite.
>
> I've been pleasantly surprised by the range of things that can be done
> with it.
Thanks Richard - looks like it can do everything I want (and a whole lot
more). But I'll leave that for tomorrow ....

The site is now live, feel free to send me comments (off-list) about
www.kilmelford.com
all done with irev  - simple file/text based cms for articles, news
stories, etc., plus dynamic building of the various lists and databases
of businesses, walks, etc. (and events - but the next newsletter comes
out next week, so the calendar is just about empty right now)

-- Alex.