OT: On-Rev html -> irev conversion.

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Sep 12 16:49:43 EDT 2009

Alex Tweedly wrote:
> Is there any way that I can tell the on-rev server to substitute file on
> http requests ?
> i.e. if a browser asks for abc.html, give it abc.irev
>
> I can (or could if I looked it up) put in a redirect for abc.html to
> abc.rev - but I don't want to do that for each individual file, I'd like
> to do it in one place for all files (or, ideally, all files where the
> .html file doesn;t exist).

I don't know if there are restrictions with using mod_rewrite directives
in .htaccess files on the on-rev.com server, but you can use them on
just about any Apache server to do what you need.

The adventure begins here:
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_rewrite.html>

And the web is full of examples for just about anything you want to do
with mod_rewrite.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the range of things that can be done
with it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World