html forms vs revlets

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Sep 10 16:44:15 EDT 2009

Robert Maniquant wrote:
> I thought the polling example read results from a file on the server ???

Yes, you're right, for the most part. I'd rewritten the poll stack as an
iRev page for possible use in the conference teaching session and got
myself confused between mine and the original.

The sample stack as it appears on RR's site doesn't directly read a text
file itself. It loads a URL that consists of a plain iRev script. That
script reads and writes to the text file, and returns the vote totals to
the revlet. It isn't actually a POST event, so I misspoke.

I can't try it right now, but I don't see why a revlet couldn't post to
its own containing irev page, and have that page process and display
data. I'm still travelling right now and my internet access is limited,
but when I get home I may try it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com