html forms vs revlets

Ron runrevron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 09:14:31 EDT 2009

Thanks for your comments Sarah, Robert, Jacque and, as usual, to Kenji
for his examples.

I thought I would put up a page with some random examples of how such
things might be accomplished but got stuck on the sending mail. I have
used examples from Sarah's site for another application on my own site
but I thought I could put something like this in a button and have it
work. This fails. Any hints?

  get shell("echo -e" && "mymessage" && "| mail -s" && "thesubject" &&
"mymail at gmail.com" && "-- -f" && "mymail at gmail.com"

Thanks
Ron

BTW - revspeaks works on my test page simply using the script from the
Documents example scripts. I hope to post the page soon once I get
this mail thing worked out.