iRev list of commands available

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Sep 10 05:33:09 EDT 2009

Thomas McGrath III wrote:
> Where is there a list of iRev commands available?
>
> I just tried revSpeak in iRev and got a handler not found error and
> would like to know what else is not available.

Virtually everything is available, with the added bonus of a few new
terms listed in the change log. IRev scripts can contain plain lists of
commands without any handler declarations, or alternately the commands
can be enclosed in formal ("on" or "command") handler declarations. If
your commands are not inside a formal handler declaration, then you will
get the error message you saw. Additionally, the server compiles revTalk
from top to bottom. Unlike stack scripts where handlers can go anywhere
in the message hierarchy, you can't place a handler anywhere you like on
the page -- it must be declared before any other command makes use of
it. It's easiest to place most handlers above the html code at the top
of the page, just to make sure they are processed before any other line
of script needs them. This isn't necessary though, just make sure
handlers occur before any other line of script that needs to use them.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com