Scripting approach for a splittable window?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Sep 9 13:43:58 EDT 2009

After my long-winded rant I felt I at least owed it to David to answer
his original question -

David Epstein wrote:
> Has anybody tried to build a scrollable, horizontally and vertically
> splittable window interface that allows a user to create and freely
> add, delete, and edit graphic objects or fields in any pane of the
> window?

There are a good many ways to do this, but hopefully this example will
be at least a little helpful:

   go url "http://fourthworldlabs.com/rev/splitter-experiment.rev"

It's a very rudimentary four-pane layout I threw together in just a
couple minutes for you, so it's missing a lot of the finishing touches
like cursor changes, resize limits, etc., but may help you get started
working with multi-pane layouts.

With the Dictionary pointers at the end of my long message earlier, you
should be able to add support for adding and manipulating objects within
those groups.

Keep us posted on how it works out.

--
  Richard Gaskin