html forms vs revlets

Robert Maniquant rman at free.fr
Wed Sep 9 08:13:24 EDT 2009

Using revleT as forms opens up better interaction possibilities like :

- attaching sound & recorded material to aknowledge choice
- using datagrids as menus for intermixing pictures and words and sounds!?
- having fun menus with graphics, a bit like games or moving things to
catch!!

Now the big problem is the communication back from the revlet to the rest of
the site ei the logic handling of the answer.. if its just to fill a
database on the site, like a side action, ok, but if it is for calling new
page with parameters, editing content of page.. it seems it will not work SO
FAR (revlets can only easily read parameters at the opening stage).

So I concluded for my part that revlet should be used in place of
substantial part of a site (the CMS part) , or to replace a site (eg.
particularly for CMS), but not to replace forms. (there is an earlier thread
on the sibject of communicating from revlet to webpage)

For instance it should be easy to have a store in a revlet form...

But then again, for the future.. it's not yet there.
Robert