closefield/exitfield

Klaus Major klaus at major.on-rev.com
Wed Sep 9 05:51:43 EDT 2009

Hi Mark,

> Hi Klaus,
>
> Your proposal

I did not propose anything.

> would break projects that rely on the ability to copy selected text
> from a field by clicking on a button or selecting an item from a menu.

I was talking about a button/menubutton/whatever with its
"traversalon" prop set to TRUE.
If one does not want to lose a selection this MUST be FALSE.

So unfortunately you did not really answer my first question:
Should a "closefield/exitfield" handler of a field be executed if one
clicks a button that
has its "traversalon" property set to TRUE (on the same card of course)?

> There are sufficient ways to implement an autosave feature.
> Think of closefield, exitfield,

See above that's what this is all about!
This does NOT work!

> resumestack, suspendstack, et cetera.

Yes, we are using this because of the problems described above.

> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

Best