closefield/exitfield

Klaus Major klaus at major.on-rev.com
Wed Sep 9 05:24:33 EDT 2009

Hi freinds,

I have a question thats on my mind for a long time:
should a "closefield/exitfield" of a field be executed if one clicks a
button that
has its "traversalon" property set to true (on the same card of course)?

I think yes, but it doesn't, Rev 3.4, OS X 10.5xxx.

According to the docs, "traversalon" will "catch" the focus which
implies that the focus will be
taken away from other objects, like fields in this case and should
thus fire a "closefield/exitfield"
handler!?

I also found that sometimes a "mouseenter" of an object in another NOT
active
stack (sic!), when you move the mouse on the monitor, gets fired, but
a "closefield/exitfield"
in the active stack does not. This makes it alsmost impossible to
implement a reliable
"autosave" feature...

Any insights and opinions welcome.

Best