html forms vs revlets

ron barber runrevron at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 04:20:06 EDT 2009

I left html when it was still v. 1 so I have had quite a bit of
catching up to do as I have tried to integrate the new found power of
revlets and my on-rev account. So bear with me as I try to sort things
out as to the advantages of when to use what and how to communicate
between them.

So, typically you use <form> on the webpage to gather information from
the user and then php or similar solution to process that information.
Now we have revlets. Revlets (and <?rev tags ) can take the processing
part and do wonders. But what about the <form> part? Is it stupid to
think of using revlets in the place of forms to interact with the
user? What are the pros/cons of putting up a stack with flds and btns
vs putting up various flds and btns in a form?

Thanks
Ron